안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Day of Tutoring @ UT Korea

Today is the first day of me......being a tutor at Universitas Terbuka Korea (UT Korea). Well, being a tutor in Open University has been something that I've wanted to do since I knew about it last year. The thing back then was that I was not that compelled to be involved in any of UT's activities, simply because it would only sort of distract my already routine activities be it in my own campus and work. But, things started to change when I noticed the fact that all of the students in UT Korea are those whom I deem as young people with obstinate (in a positive way) determination of mind. ^^ What I mean is that they came to Korea to work, in the first place. However, against all odds, they decided to study and pursue a higher education (university-level) while working here in Korea.

They work from Monday to Saturday (on a weekly basis, most of them--that of I know of). Still, with strong determination, they study during Sundays from 10 until 5.
They pay the tuition with their own money, the choose the subjects of their own willing, they spend extra time to study and read the books and other materials that the class requires them to. All in all, I see them as young generation with an indispensable attitude. They are the reasons why I finally decided to get involved in this tutoring world.
What do I get?
A lot, not in material gain, for sure. Coz it's none and that's not the main point.
The fact that I will meet them in a weekly basis and that I will become friends with them (which I do hope so) and that I will be able to talk, share ideas, exchange information about how we see things what's going on around us....are enough to make me say "YES" when there was an open recruitment for tutor at UT Korea.
That's how it went in the first place.
And...today, September 8, 2013 is the first day that I am going to 'be' in the UT Korea.
"Welcome aboard, Suray" I am telling myself--for the moment.^^
and what am I in charge of?
A subject called "Komunikasi Antarbudaya" (Cross-cultural Communication)...and this is the book that I have to use as the main textbook.
hmmm..how cool and interesting is that? *though I got to admit that it is a tediously written one--at least to my point of view. :-)--I find it challenging and fun to read. I have to, right? ^-^
Bismillahirrohmanirrohim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...