안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 8, 2013

Garosu-gil (가로수길): (part 2: Architecture to Smile For)

Yes, who wouldn't want to experience new facades that would soothe the eyes in Seoul? I mean...the architectures of shops and cafes in Garosu-gil are apparently nice to look at.  
People could describe it as European-style architecture--no matter how fake-looking it may be--coz it's nothing more than a facade to 'lure' consumers into the cafes. But, it does work, right? me myself...I was kinda attracted to this myself.:-) 
Smile Market. Hmm...I wonder if even the mannequins were also smiling at us.
And..I wonder what kind of smiles they're offering. 
Another porch..? Veranda?? adorned with flowers colorful enough for sidewalk(ers) to look at and decide..." hmm..." 
Veranda full of flowers. Wonder if they're real ones. 
I thought that tourists were not that many. But I was wrong...is it because it's Sunday that I overheard Chinese and Japanese languages being spoken....
Yes..some tourists from neighboring countries started to fling around here...
Oh, they have Forever 21, too. and...it boasts its 4 floors?? 
One of the corners that I loved. It's cute little shop with unique concept. 
These two women in red are tourist guides who would be gladly helping out any tourists who might ask for directions around Garosu-gil.
The fact that these kinds of guides are there...only means one thing: Garosu-gil started to attract many foreign visitors. 
Later on on my other entry: I saw lots of foreign brand cars around here.
It's indeed a really new atmosphere to behold. 
Glass-through walls..open for everyone to see and be seen really encapsulates the very core purpose of this kind of place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...