안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Food Empire @ IFC Mall

We got dinner at Food Empire at IFC Mall. As the name suggests, it does cater the need of international travelers or any foreign nationals living in Korea. As for us, Indonesians, going to this Food Empire really brings us back to our home. Yes, seriously. For instance, I could eat nasi goreng (fried rice) Indonesian style or Thai-style--using SOUTHEAST ASIAN rice...not Korean rice...:)
so, I could say that they are authentic fried rice.:-) and the taste..hmmm....really great.
Even they have krupuk or crackers to accompany the main menu. 
So, apart from ordering seafood nasi goreng, we also ordered vegetable curry at Indian restaurant 'Mombai'. The curry also tasted good. 
At first...it was a bit empty since it's not even yet 6 o'clock in the evening.  
Then...came along our first great pratta  in Korea. Yeaaaaach I finally had a really good Pratta again. I love Indian bread back home. I used to be a regular customer at an Indian restaurant in Yogyakarta. Oh, I missed this. Although of course I could just go to any Indian restaurant in Korea, but..this was --simply the best.
and..this was also the first nasi kuning (yellow rice) I ever tasted during our dine-out experiences. 
As for the kids, they already got their fried noodle, so they were not really into the pratta that I ordered, after all, they were too spicy for them.  
Pratta bread, yellow rice, curry, and I-don't-know-what spicy soup....+ red onions. 
This is Silk Spice where we could order any kind of nasi goreng or fried rice. I think I could go here again and again..just to sample the food and relax after long-hours of work. 
Then...what would be better than having a cup of yogurt ice cream as the dessert?
But..the kids ate them all. Oh, well.... 
What I like about IFC Mall and its food court is the fact that this mall resembles what malls should be like. heheheehe. I mean...Korea has just recently developed its mall-concept into what we already had since the 1990's in Indonesia. 
Compared to Grand Indonesia, Senayan City, or Taman Anggrek..malls in Korea are still small in size:) But at least...this IFC Mall or (D-Cube:) in Seoul...have become a treat for me. 
(gosh...oh no.....I am a mall-freak). Well..yes...not that I am into shopping...it's just an infatuation that could be rendered to as...a 'happy' therapy-session after work or after class..or especially after assignment and paper writing. 
now..Eyra..you'r done with your ice cream?  so, let's go out and go on to our next venue....(Daddy got to go somewhere)
Just as we got out of the Food Empire, other restaurants started to be full and I saw a lot of lines of people....queuing just..to be seated at other restaurants.
That's how popular IFC Mall is.

2 comments:

  1. Halo mas,

    Kalo boleh tau kisaran harga untuk makan di Food Empire Seoul untuk satu orang berapa won ya?

    Terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anggap sj rata rata 8000 won atau 90.000 rupiah. Biar aman.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...