안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Seamlessly Crafted 'Gravity'

After two days of cramming into the overloaded work and assignment, I got to make sure that I was 'in' the premiere of the much-talked about Alfonzo Cuaron's Gravity.
I just came back from the IMAX 3D...feeling numb, dizzy, bedazzled, and stupefied.
well, yes..that's exactly what I was feeling and still having those feeling a little bit at the moment as of I am writing this.
In fact, this is what happened:
it's so intensely distressing that I squirmed and kicked the seat in front of me (twice)!!!
Gravity is, well, not like what I thought before. I saw the trailer, of course. and it turned out that the trailer only gives us a glimpse of what it DID happen in the movie.
Glad to have decided to watch it in IMAX 3D. The sinking feeling of being sucked into the dark space with the blue mother earth underneath or over(?) us was really mind-boggling.
Yup, I think I got to agree to some reviews which stated that 'Gravity' is like Discovery Channel's Space Adventure WITH a disaster.

But, it turned out...the movie is not about disaster, not about astronauts, not about space, not about the satellite debris that initiated all hell broke loose, no...it's simply about the very basic feeling of human's fear in the face of and during coming to terms with danger (or death, for some reason).
What and how would we feel if we know that we're in the grave danger of facing death....out in space...
well, metaphorically speaking, I think --and I am sure most of the audience--would agree....that despite the fact that the backdrop of the movie IS, in fact, in space...it actually LIES within our heart.
I cannot help but thinking to myself...that yes...life is worth-living no matter what.
It's the simplest feeling that makes us 'human'
Gosh...do I wanna watch it again? yes...but not necessarily in IMAX.
Maybe a digital cineplex would be just fine..well...IMAX would definitely a MUST-GO place to experience what Alfonzo Cuaron has brought us.
This is by far the best 'survival' movie I've seen.
It happens in our lifetime. right now. not in the far-far-away land or centuries in the future..
nope...it IS about us....through the lenses of Sandra Bullock's Ryan Stone and George Clooney. Well ..those two actors are truly amazing in capturing the imaginative vision of Cuaron.
What a wonderful experience indeed it was.
Watched in in IMA--> and it was surely worth every WON of it. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...