안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, October 13, 2013

Behind the Candelabra 쇼를 사랑한 남자

Yes, I finally managed to watch the movie right here in Korea. 
Thanks to CGV's 무비꼴라쥬.
CGV has built as many as 20 small theaters with around 50 seats to screen small but well-made movies.
One of them is 'Behind the Candelabra' that I've been asking myself as to how I could watch it since it was not meant for theater screening. 
So, once again..thanks to CGV, today I managed to see it after it was premiered in US back in May this year.
The chances are slim for any movie goers outside US to see this kind of movie.
So, I was so ecstatic to learn that CGV premiered the movie with its Korean title '쇼를 사랑한 남자 or The Man Who Loved the Show.
(though I got to question to whom does the 'man' refer to? is it Michael Douglas' Liberace or Matt Damon's Scott Thorson. 
At first, I was a bit uneasy to see the movie, but then...as a movie lover, how could I resist the temptation of watching a movie about the man who lived in the 1970's when I was just still a toddler:)
It kind of led me to 'imagine' and 'visualize' what entertainment was like back then.
Anyhow...It was such a great relief that I finally managed to see the much-talked about and highly hyped movie like this. 
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon really showed off their relentless talent in portraying the Liberace and his lover.
Couldn't believe it myself that they could brilliantly portray the characters.
Hmm..HBO did a daring job to finally made the movie which is indeed a feast to the eyes. 
* Of course, the movie is for restricted consumption in Korea, for it really shows the last ten years of Liberace with his glittering glory as a pianist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...