안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, October 21, 2013

A Stroll Along Gangnam Area (part 2)

Still at Bongeunsa (봉은사)..the downtown temple--well, that's how I describe it. 
One thing for sure, this is just well-situated in the center of business district. 
Lots of activities to see and to do here.
Like this one. A group of children clad in their hanbok was marching along the temple area. 
I was not sure what they're up to, but they're surely giving a different feel to the temple. 
Oh, there was even one wedding reception complete with its orchestra.
What a perfect day to hold a wedding ceremony..in the heart of the temple and the city (in autumn). 
The orchestra was rehearsing when we were there. Though I could't see the 'real' ceremony, at least I got the feel of what it would've been like. 
Continuing on my tour with mr. Nugroho, I got a closer look into the intricate drawings on the ceiling of the temple. 
The drawings, colors, shapes, patterns are all full of symbolical meanings--I assume. 
Wish I'd known them.
But...surely they're pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...