안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, October 12, 2013

Korean Wedding: A traditional one (part 1)


아주 좋은 날 'A Very Good Day'
Yes, indeed. It was. Today was a special day not only for the bride and the groom, but also for me^^. I got invited to my friend's friend's wedding. Yes, my friend thought that it would be a good experience for me to experience a traditional wedding in Korea. 
Yes, I've been to several wedding banquet in Korea, but unlike this one. 
The ones I've been to were modern style wedding.
so this was a pretty neat one for me and for my family.
The bride was waiting before the ceremony began. 
I loved the ambiance and the atmosphere of the wedding. 
It is a garden party. Wow..it couldn't have been better... 
The bride was about to be addressed into the 가마 (gama) or 'palanquin' in English or 'tandu' in Indonesian 
now that the bride was seated inside the 'gama', she had to wait until being summoned. 
She's ready...and then...a flash of friends gathered and started to take pictures of her. 
me included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...