안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, October 13, 2013

The First Multiplex Ever in Korea

Which and where is the first multiplex in Korea?
It's Gangbyeon CGV. But I wonder if the name was already CGV at that time?
Anyhow..I paid a visit again. I still remember the first time I set my foot here back then when it was opened. Yes, I was in Korea back then. 
It did not change much. Only that I felt the sense of its being outdated compared to other CGV. Or is it only me who think that way?
* Oh, I didn't know that 'Lovelace' would also be screened there.
CGV Gangnbyeon is located on the 10 floor of Techno Mart building.
It used to be the coolest and it-center in Seoul. 
Oh, when I went into the toilet, I found this cool facade on display.
I am sure that it is an original projector. or is it just a dummy?
As the name suggests 'Gangbyeon' or 'River side', this cineplex is located near Han River. So, from the theater we can enjoy the full view of Hangang with Seoul as its backdrop. 
On the sky garden, we could see the whole view of Hangang. 
One of the landmarks in Seoul, the bridge over Han river. 
The glassed-walled Cineplex used to be the 'most happening' theater in Korea, but with the ever mushrooming and ever engrossing CGV theaters across the country, this one seems nothing compared to other cool cineplex in Seoul. 
But, for sure, it still draws lots of people to enjoy. 
One thing that I admired about this place is the everlasting and permanent exhibition showcasing the prowess of Korean movie since 1998 up to now. 
Posters of JSA, 왕의 남자, Swiri, and other movies that paved the way for the so-called 'renaissance' of Korean movie industry are displayed. 
Welcome to Dokmagol, etc. is among some of the posters I encountered there. 
'Behind the Candelabra': yes...that's what I wanted to see. 
This is TM (Techno Mart) where the first cineplex in Korea greeted Korea's movie audience in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...