안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, May 26, 2014

An Artistic Encounter @ Buk Seoul Museum of Art (part 1)

It's Sunday and I got to go out--like any other Sundays we do. This time, it was only the two of us, me and Eyra. Her Mom and her sister were at home having a ladies-morning-gathering (^-^), so I just needed to 'escape' the commotion among them at home. I'd rather be going out somewhere..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Long-story-->short, I was taking Eyra to a nearby museum (the newly opened one): it's Buk Seoul Museum of Art or 서울시립 북서울미술관. We encountered three colorfully painted geckos(?) or lizards (?) at the front yard of the museum leading to the entrance. 
It's free admission, for most part. And we just dashed ourselves into it without any prior knowledge as to what'd be encountering inside.  
Well, it turned out that there were painting exhibitions by numerous painters from Korea. Gee..I am sorry for taking this picture...I didn't know as to whether I was allowed to take pictures of the arts...but as my camera kept on clicking EVEN with the sound of the 'Click-clik-click'...not even the guards minded that. I was not reprimanded for what I'd been doing..so I guess..it was OK to take pictures. And so I did. 
It's 무재 (or untitled)...so I read. I could be wrong, though...since there were other paintings on the walls....
say..I kinda liked this one..I don't know...the white stripes on the front seem to be people marching. Are they chefs? hmm and the stack of books at the background? wait..is that books stacked or....is that king's throne? hmmm 
Anyway..we also had a chance to see the tools used by the painter himself when he created his masterpieces. Even a collection of his tools could be a colorful revelation of themselves. 
Now..about the painter, one of them ( yes..there are others, too)..but, the one I managed to take a snapshot at was...황창배 (Hwang Chang Bae) who turned out to be a remarkably famous judged from his works and achievements posted here.
Hmm, I guess I could learn one or two from my dash-in encounter to this museum.
What about Eyra? Did she enjoy it? hmm, not sure..but at least she learned something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...