안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, May 10, 2014

I stopped to Notice This Particular Painting

^^
This painting's title is ..gee..I forgot it..but it has something to do with a harbor!!!
Snapped a picture of this painting hung on the hall leading to men's bathroom. Ew..what? Yep, I was on my way to the 화장실 at Lotte Dept. Store, Cheongnyangi when I was intrigued by this cool painting. It looks contemporary...which later on..turned out to be NOT.
It's painted by Paul Klee (파울 클레) born 1879, died 1940. Well, what d' y' know?
He's a Swiss painter. To best of my knowledge based from what I could grasp from a picture below...he learned at Arts Academy in Munchen (German). He's somewhat influenced by Expressionism (표현주의??), 입체파 (Cubism), 초현질주의 (Surrealism) at that time. 
oh, well..it's too long: make it shorter..his painting is like painting of a kid with simple stroke in expressing the way he saw things. Oh, he's also well-known for having a style of arranging things into rhythmic patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...