안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, May 23, 2014

Malay-Indonesian Department's 50th Anniversary (part 1)


Gee....May 15th was one of the most hectic days that week..since I got to 'be' there for my wife's birthday; since I got to attend the Malay-Indonesian Department's 50th anniversary, and...since..I got to prepare the itinerary of my colleagues from Jogjakarta who happened to be attending the seminar. 
*Oh, it's an opening ceremony's speech by Prof. Koh Young-hun, the head of the department.  
oh, one more thing...May 15 also happened to be 'Teacher's Day' in Korea. So, all participants received a small pin made of carnation to be pinned on their chest. The students of Malay-Indonesian Dept. who acted as liaison officer during the whole process of the ceremony greeted the participants and gave them the flower. 
More than 130 participants from Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Japan, Brunei, Thailand, and Korea attended the procession. 
Oh, my friend got my picture just in time when the flower-pinning(?) ceremony was being held. Well, a carnation during Teacher's Day? Why not! 
Held at Aekyung hall, Graduate School building at HUFS, I could sum up that the opening ceremony was a complete success. 
One of the highlights during the opening ceremony was a recorded message from Ibu Sundari, a retired guru from Gadjah Mada University who was the first native-speaker to teach Indonesian language at the department. HUFS in the 1960s. It was such a touching video to 'congratulate' the anniversary of the department.
As the central theme of the whole 2-day anniversary was 'Bridging the Unbridgeable: ......, I found the varied themes of the papers presented as something worth-attending. Too bad, too little time to cover and enjoy the whole sessions.  
but, at least..I could manage to slot myself into rooms with topics/themes that suit my interests.
All in all, Selamat Ultah Jurusan Malay-Indonesian HUFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...