안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Yeaach, finally I did it. I managed to WATCH it. Although it'd been shown for a couple of weeks at the theaters...I didn't have a chance to see it...not that I didn't have time..but...other movies kind of blocked my way of seeing it.^^ The Amazing Spiderman 2, Mr. Peabody, Rio 2, Captain America...etc...got in the way of my move every time I was thinking of seeing this turned-out to be an eye-popping experience in feel-good way. 
그랜드 부다페스트 호텔  (The Grand Budapest Hotel) is not  a thought-provoking movie that would make us 'WOW' in the sense that we've never seen anything like this, instead, it is another movie that would make us (me, at least) go back to all the genre of movies we'd seen before. IAll of the genres and thrills of 'great movie' all go back and forth and accumulate into our brains..in the way..that wait..I think I'd seen this, I'd thought of that...but..boy...this movie ..at the same time feels like it is totally DIFFERENTLY unique. 
and indeed, it is. 
I loved the way the movie uses the style of ' a story within a story within a story......that would right from the beginning asks for our preparedness to keep on watching and listening attentively to the very intricate details shown on every corner of the screen... 
Gosh...I just could not believe that it was all a make-belief world set in the seemingly like what Europe was like at the turn of the 20th century.  
And looking into the casts (gee..what a cast it was)...the movie must've taken a lot of fund to make. But..all I could say is that this British-German movie is one of the must-see movie this year. 
At least....you'll be blown away by the sheer contrasting colors that brings the story layer by layer.
Comedy? Yes. Thriller? Somewhat Yes. Drama? Oh, well..Yes, too. Adventure? You Bet. Horror? Hmm....a bit. (not too much). 
all in all..it's a splendidly crafted movie for movie lovers to experience.

For anything else, cast and all..please refer to the above thriller.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...