안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dynamic Busan (part 12): APEC Nurimaru

the main hall where APEC leaders had their summit
APEC House. This is the second entry that I am writing about this historical site This would have been an added value trip, had I stayed there a bit longer. Well, anyhow, despite the fact that we spent only a handful of time, I did manage to learn --how little it could be--about this place.

The ceiling of the main hall. I am sure that it must've represented something. 

Where each president would sit was decided on alphabetical order. I guess it pretty much sum up or revitalize and at the same nurture the concept of togetherness and equality among its member countries.

This used to be the chair where President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono 'was seated' during the summit. 

Although it became too dark, thanks to my not-that-smart phone, this place was the lounge where the presidents or head of states of APEC members were having their free time or unofficial talks with other fellow members. The view outside the glass pane was fantastically Busan.^^ 

Down were we to the outdoor area of the APEC Nurimaru House. The glass panes being the single unity and entity of the house were giving a touch of this venue's blend with its surrounding nature. 

Upon going out of the house, I managed to capture an image of each president's photograph immortalized on a stamp-like (only they were bigger in sizes) plates.

As we were walking down the stairs,  sea was visible and this was the very first time as to why this place was a special place to hold such an important event.
The setting was just perfect.

Another angle of what the park outside the Nurimaru APEC house looked like. Far beyond, the famous Diamond Bridge was visible. 

First, I thought that this building was like a flying saucer. No, really. I did think that way. Whatever one might think of what it looked like, one thing for sure..this historical site would be just there in one of Busan's best locations---only time will preserve what it has given to the world in terms of world's peaceful cooperation, especially within Asia Pacific rim.

2 comments:

  1. Bushan.....^^ YOU ARE HERE> thank you thank you. Gosh, I should've seen you earlier. THanks for being one of the few followers of my blog, my friend. ^^
    With a load of tasks to do back here in SEoul...I kinda miss Busan...where everyday seemed to be just holiday^^ haha.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...