안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dynamic Busan (part 4)

It was around 12.30 and boy....it was hot. So, what could be more better than slurping some ice. And what could be more tastier than the freshly made patpingsu or 팥빙수  in Korean. It is a fruit cocktail but with its main ingredient, no other than the red bean itself--the very reason as to why it is affectionately called red bean ice. Hmm....^^ (see the like see-through card?)^^

Yes, oh yes...I loved it. As soon as we finished taking pictures the famous 'Hollywood style walk of fame' at Busan's very own PIFF square or BIFF 광장, we rushed ourselves to meet Matthew --our excellent guide--and showed him the pictures we took.

As a present: we got free patpingsu for each group. Hmm...not a chance to be missed, right? So, what makes this special?
First: it was special, because it was made right in front of our eyes with traditional ice breakers or ice-breaking machine. I remembered seeing this back home in Jogjakarta many years back then. So I guess this is pretty much...deliberately designed so, so as to lure many locals and tourists to see and enjoy this summer delicacy. 

Where is it once again?  Interestingly it was right in 먹자골목 - 팥빙수 거리 or literally translated into The Alley of Eating, at Patpingsu street^^
Sounds tempting, right? 
Then, what's the next step after having our ice? We rushed ourselves to the Book Alley or 보수동 책방골목. It is one of must-visit place for everyone who needs old books, used books, magazines, dictionaries, and other good-for-the-thought food.^^

Book Street in Busan. Yes, I was there.^^ I am glad that I know this place. Had I not participated in this trip, I would have not known that such a place ever existed. I mean, of course, there are similar places like this in any other cities...But the fact that this is officially named into the name of the street is...what makes it special. 책방골복길 (the Book street)

I like it? yes. Too bad, I did not have that much time to explore more of it. Wish I had. So, that means..that whenever I am back to Busan....I will surely go and sneak into the alleys of books.

This is pretty much what it looks like. I know that most of the books must be in Korean, but there are English and even other languages, too. Who knows we might end up finding books beyond our imagination..or books that we'd never want to have..but after seeing it right there...we thought of buying it.

The 3rd task for the group was to go and see the wall painting or 벽화. I did not know it before. It was like a graffiti on the wall. overlooking a narrow book street, this seemingly endless wall painting sort of beautifies the narrow alleys surrounding the area.

Nice Busan. The government of Busan Metropolitan city seemed to give it their best in making the city looks nice. Even, the water tap hole or water channel (?)cover was mold in such a way with an inscription that says " Nice Busan" ...

One part of the wall paintings in the neighborhood that I went to. So, in case you would want to visit here...just go to Street Book or Chaekbang golmok; and at the end of the alley, you would easily find this labyrinth of wall painting.
Visit-meter: ***** (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...