안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dynamic Busan (Part 15): Busan Cinema Center

This is the front facade of the famous BIFF venue. BIFF: Busan International Film Festival.
Yes, we were there. I've been wanting to see the 'very'^^ venue where BIFF has been held for over more than 15 years. Well...it is actually the new venue of BIFF wrapped in one gigantic-futuristic looking building.

This Busan Cinema Center holds A Guinness World Records for having the World's Longest Cantilever Roof which extends 85 meters from its column support.

This is the certificate to show this monumental achievement that this Center has. 

One of the coolest things in the place was the outdoor or open-air theater which could accommodate thousands of film lovers. I imagine that it must be so great to be involved in this BIFF extravaganza.
I heard On October 4 -16, 2012..is another week not to be missed.

I LIKE IT. Surely I do. As a movie lover, I think I got to make sure that I could participate in this year's movie festival.

Oh, one more thing...there is a huge collection of books, media, film, video, any other movie-related trivia and materials at the library. 

Another angle of what the size of this place might look like. See someone out there?

On the cantilever roof.

Seen from the cantilever roof. The surrounding of the place.

Listening tentatively to the guide who's patiently guiding us....around the Center.

The suspenders of the roof looks so thin, yet they are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...