안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, July 30, 2012

Ramadan in Korea: Itaewon Mosque

This was the third day of the Ramadan. Since I got no class that day...I rushed myself to the Mosque at Itaewon. Just wanted to feel the real Ramadan among other fellow friends from other countries. We are observing the fasting month so it would be a great time to mingle and get to know one another...
( The picture about: I took right before Magrib)

Another angle of the Mosque where I was. I stood on the left side of the 2nd floor of the Mosque to capture the evening sky in Ramadan in Korea.
Apart from admiring the beauty that Allah has put into the evening sky, for sure..I also wanted to take this picture...  just for the sake of remembering my being there.^^

Inside the Mosque. People were seen reciting Al Quran, praying, and some were asleep. ^^ Well, there are many ways to spend an afternoon right before Breaking the Fast.

(keisengan). A bit restless of what to do next after praying for a while. I took a snap of one section inside the Mosque where...some books on Islam were written in Indonesiab, Malay, Uzbekistan, Arabic, and others...

Now...it was the breaking the fast time. After having served our Magrib prayers, people started to go down stairs and made a queue to receive their portion of meals as a part of the breaking the fasting tradtion.

The moon somewhat greeted us from above. Lots of people were taking a queue lining up... 


It was the situation right before the dusk or magrib. I took a chance to take a picture when the committee were preparing for Breaking the fast tradition or iftar...The beverages, the milk banana, dates were all put on their plates and places..and people would just sit down accordingly ...mingled with anyone.

This is the fasting month schedule that I took a chance to take a picture of.

Some of the jamaah were already there sitting and preparing themselves for the break fast.

The other section of the lot. More and more people were pouring in...

The dates were the main dish or the most important meal for breaking the fast as it was the very food that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had for breaking the fast...

The last two pictures that I wanted to put in this blog are....
The Itaewon Mosque facade at Dusk.

I loved the serenely peaceful atmosphere and the calmly tranquil feeling I had when visiting this Mosque...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...