안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, February 20, 2014

@ Mirota Batik (Handicraft Store)

Freya and Eyra were busy selecting key chains and other knick-knacks...brick a brack. I got a feeling that they're lost into a maze of confusion of what to choose from thousands of key chains in front of their eyes.  
Me myself..I was also amused and somewhat entertained. So many things to choose from. Wooden handicrafts to silverware to...well....gold..and silk...and...you name it...you got it. 
Mirota Batik is the must-visit place in Jogja for anyone wishes to buy souvenirs from Jogjakarta. 
One of the highlights that I think cracked me up was THIS. 
Got no idea who put this colorful wooden puppet on this toy-car. What made it strikingly eye-catching was nothing more than its contrasting color. 
Then..to my surprise...I found a statue of Jokowi (the present Jakarta's governor) at the store. Couldn't believe my eyes. How could his statue be arranged right next to the statue of the first president of Indonesia, Mr. Soekarno. ^^??* I found out later ...that Jokowi statues were removed from the store. hmmm.....suspiciously interesting. 
Mirota Batik consists of two-story building where we could immerse ourselves to appreciate Javanese culture as displayed through myriads of souvenirs and handicrafts.  
Now...let's go home. We did our shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...