안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, February 21, 2014

Monkey Forest, Bali (part 2)

Deep into the forest where a Balinese temple nestled, we found no monkeys on the ground. That's an eerie thought. I noticed that monkeys were either sitting on top of the trees or just avoiding the area. None of them touched the ground. hmm...wonder why. 
so, this is the moss-covered stone-bridge (God knows how old that was) we passed through to reach the temple. Even, the tree's roots seemed to get immersed and dwindled seamlessly into it. 
A rare view I could not see anywhere else even in other parts of Indonesia, I presume. So, this is so typically Bali-- a unique culture of its own. 
Koi ponds in front of the temple--yes..this is the very temple that nestled underneath the huge trees.  
There was this wooden platform leading to I-did-not-know where..since I'd rather not be too adventurous at that time..considering my kids wouldn't want me to. oh, well..let's re-route. 
there and back again...we glanced again at those trees with their roots dangling from above. 
oh..I saw someone was going down the path.....that may lead to somewhere. 
A small narrow path just next to a creek seemed to be adventurous enough for any thrill-seekers in a sacred place like monkey forest. 

But, for us...let's take a re-route...re-route...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ..and Eyra already led the way. She hadn't had the faintest idea of why we visited the place. 
Now..this is something. On top of the monkey statues was a real monkey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...