안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, October 14, 2011

인연 (Inyeon)

인연....(inyeon). Hmmm it is a bit hard to translate this word (term) into English. Well, Korean has specific way of addressing a relationship among people especially when this particular relationship last long or even when we do not want it....this still exists or linger through our lives. Some say that it is literally means 'the string of human'; the knot of people';  or some say it is 'destiny of people to people's relationship', or simply a 'fate'.
For what it's worth...
I just bumped into Prof. Lee Kang Seok, a professor from Hanseo University, who happened to be always visiting my university (Gadjah Mada University) in Jogjakarta twice a year. He always come with his students to carry out the saemaul undong project in one of the village in Jogjakarta. I met him in Jogja...and what's more interesting about our meeting in Seoul was ....that we just met in Seoul. And...what's more intriguing than that is the fact...that we met in HUFS....not in Hanseo. I've never expected to see him at Hanseo University myself....let alone meeting him in HUFS. But....fate just interfered this seemingly improbable thing.
I bumped into him when he was stepping out of the graduate school where I was studying.
I did not know that he had a class every Friday there.
He did not expect it, either.

We met and had a coffee at Dunkin for about 30 minutes.....only. Since he got to catch the train to Ilsan...which is a bit far from Seoul. Well, one thing for sure...I would definitely contact him again, after all, he teaches at my current university at the moment.
I also just learned that our university has this Aviation department. It was set up two years ago in collaboration with Hanseo University. Oh, I see now as to why he is teaching here.:)
What a small world!
I bet my fellow students who knows Prof. Lee would expect to see him again simply because ...he is such a down-to-earth, caring, and understanding professor: a simple reason as to why lots of students love him.
Good to see him in Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...