안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Souvenirs from Namdaemun Market, Seoul

It's not that I am going back home to Jogja. But, I got to buy all of these Korean little cute stuffs for my wife. What? well, she's gonna do something about it. I guess she really needs them since she is thinking of having to give all of her colleagues something that may represent Korea but those that are not that expensive, but still worth-giving. Well, it is (actually) expensive to Indonesian standard.^^:) hehehe. But, I think it is worth it...because they have relatively good quality and more importantly...it is a cute little stuffs that fit into the luggage to carry back home.  It was a bit hard to decide which ones from soooooo many choices of stuffs to choose from.
Namdaemun market where people go for shopping is also famous for having a wholesale area of Korean traditional souvenirs.
six pendants of differing colors, well only 4 colors, though. attachable to any device or gadgets or better yet, it'll just be fine for any wall decorations or as a hanging decoration.

nail cutter attached to or with...a Korean traditional doll

a key holder equipped with a pen

key holder beatified with small cute doll and janggu 'Korean traditional musical instrument

key holder equipped with a flash light 

see the flashlight?

Finally, after a stroll along the corridors of seemingly endless arrays of shops and shops, I set my eyes on one particular shop "삼보산 한국 전통 민예품 전문점' (Sambosa: the store for beautiful traditional products of Korea). Since I bought all of the stuffs there, I got a pretty good bargain. Even,one ajumma served me with a one bottle of yakult. Sure, it was not much, but the warm welcome that people have in a store is more important. More importantly, they were so kind and patient enough in answering most of my curiousness. So, here are the results of souvenirs hunting.^^
------------
Another story that I would like to jot down here was my trip back and forth to buy 녹차구루 ( green tea powder) and kim (김) for Pak Mohtar whom Mrs. Mohtar asked to bu them.
So, here I am.
back from the trip to take pak Mochar to the train station and back from the 'blietzkrieg' shopping at Namdaemun.
See the little pink round thing: it is a mirror, as an extra bonus for having bought a lot:)
The ajumma asked whether I had a girlfriend (hmmm I may not look like I am married man (?)^^, and as I nodded , she gave me a pink mirror for my 'girlfriend' :)
Now, after sending them home, it will be up to Mama to decide who's gonna get what.





1 comment:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...