안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, October 17, 2011

Retale and Dalevari?

I bumped into this intrinsically eye-catching phrase on the signboard of a food store in Ansan. I just finished praying at the Islamic Center..and got out of the building when I saw this funny sign. It made me wonder and stand still....really..simply because I wondered if I was the one who might not understand what it meant. I asked myself whether this would be English...or another language that I did not know of.
I think it should be kept this way:)

I kept scrutinizing on the sign board until I came to a conclusion that it IS English...judging from the words above  it. So, it tickled me and served me right.... I could not help but smiling when I realized that what it meant by Retale was supposed to be 'retail' and the other one dalevari was supposed to be 'delivery'
It cracked me up...but one thing for sure...It made me giggle and had a nice time the whole afternoon.^^
I would never forget it.
It is a good thing to see and behold.
Since I am not into linguistics...I do not know how to address this phenomenon...what to call this kind of misspelled words....
Anyone knows?
One thing for sure..it is an interesting thing to see and learn.
But..wait..should there be anyone who can tell me that it might be a different language: that is not English?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...