안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

T Express: The 7th steepest wooden coaster in the world


So," I have been to Everland"...well, this catch-phrase seems to be so lame and outdated.......but if we rephrase it into......I've been on T Express in Everland....well, it might change a bit:)
Yes, I learned that this T-express was built in 2006. I turned out to be the first wooden roller coaster in Korea. Some say that it boasts itself as the largest of any kind in the country. And...what is more interesting is that....it is dubbed the 6th longest wooden coaster in the world and.....it is.....about 2 km long:) -- I just learned about it, too.  oh gosh oh gosh..I never thought that I just rode that!!!! 
One more thing....it is also the steepest one. After browsing on the net,....it is said that its drop is inclined to be 77 degrees. I would never have taken the ride had I known this before. So, should I say.....it was fortunate that I did not anything about it until after I was on it? yes, pretty much..that was the case. I would not have...if I had known...But..still, I guess I would have....as well.
and..I came to realize as to why it is called the T Express...because it turned out that the logo of the coaster is derived from the SK Corporation's SK telecom.


Wait...there are more interesting facts about this that I got from Wikipedia: 
Apart from the fact that it is the steepest wooden roller coaster (77 degress), its drop is the 7th steepest in the world. And..the attraction time is 3 minutes!!! making it the longest in Asia and 7th in the world. What's more? Its altitude is 56 m, making it the highest in Asia and 3rd in the world. The maximum speed is said to be 104 km, the fastest in Asia and 8th in the world. They say something about the G-force (Gravity force)...but I do not understand what it means...so I might as well leave it. 
The first time I saw the brochure of the park, I set my eyes on this particular attraction, simply because I have been other ones the last time I was here back in 2002. :) long time ago. Nothing changed much except for this particularly thrilling ride: T express. 
I could see from the looping and circling queuing lines.......it was one of the top attractions.
So, although I knew that we had to wait for one hour....I thought...we had to make a decision to stay and be in the queue. 
I took the picture while waiting for my turn:)
It turned out to be quite true. It PAID OFF. I was hilariously excited to have been on it.
With my friend, Elmira, we were waiting for like 1 hour more.....and during which we talked and took some snapshots of the surrounding. We were then followed along by our groups who also decided to take this monster:)
I guess the reasons as so many of our friends decided to take this ride was simply because we had only 3.5 hours to enjoy the park. We did not have that much time...so taking the most thrilling ride would be an even accomplishment in itself. And..that was practically what I had in mind. Once I had myself on this one, I could say enough to other attractions and used the best of my time by enjoying the scenery there.
.....
The waiting was okey, I guess because we knew that it would come up with something worth-waiting for. The line was getting closer and closer to the entrance. I was a bit shocked and kinda wondered to myself as to why I lured myself into this 'intended jeopardy' :) I was enchanted and thrilled at the thought of having thrown myself in the midst of crowds who are waiting in line.

As I got inside or underneath the coaster, on our way to the stairs leading to the ride, I was flabbergasted to see the all wooden constructions that practically supported this whole thing. It was a sight ...unbelievable to grasp. I came to wonder whether it would be safe and all of those kinds tingling questions....that kept popping up on my head. But, no matter I tried to get rid of them...they just kept coming back. I felt the shivering lump on my throat. 
But, I got no other choice but to move on...until I realized that I was on the seat and have the double seat belt on.
There.......no words could describe it.
It was over.
I was tossed around my seat.....in a seemingly endless thrilling ride.
I did it....... though I was surely drenched in cold sweat of satisfaction.....of conquering the challenge. 
I did not close my eyes...but afterwards...even two days afterwards...I still can feel the pain on my neck, shoulder and my back. I bet it was because I was so tensed during the 3 minute ride on that thing:)
Wait...the question is....DO I WANT TO TAKE THE RIDE AGAIN?
yes......OF COURSE. 
I thought I could not believe it myself.....but the idea of taking the ride again...is already lurking in.
One of the most memorable moments in Korea. Indeed, it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...