안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finally Got My Hair (?) Cut or Trimmed

Hair? well....some of my friends might wonder what hair that I might be referring to..:) It is because I am bald and I have whatsoever none left on my head:). But, frankly, I still got some left (chuckles) on my head. And when they do grow, they won't grow as fast and boldly as they should:). wait...they? It seems like I can count them....well...of course I can't, simply because it is hardly there....I can just affectionately refer my remaining hair....as 'they':)
It has been a month and a week after my arrival in Seoul. And....since then...I just kinda kept it grow. Of course, I had it cut with the help of my friends Wawan. I brought myself a trimmer...but since it is so big and hard to use and to handle....we simply could not use it properly.
As a result....I just somewhat let my hair grow for the past one month........
So, my friends & classmates think that I am bald...but I do have some hair left.
And...now.....I have none!
Thanks to the miyongsil 미용실or beauty salon/shop that I found a bit far from campus...for its cheap price and its   kind imo 이모 'auntie' who runs the shop.
I have always been in a kind of reluctant state of having my 'hair' cut simply because it is relatively expensive just to have my 'hair' cut or trimmed. The average price for cutting hair is 10,000 Won or even at some places they charge 12,000 Won depending on the place.
So, the other day...I bumped into this seemingly 'secluded' hair salon in an area off campus.
I came the other day first..just to ask how much it would for cutting / trimming my hair, the imo said it would be 7000 Won but she said she could give me a cheaper price.......(I am sure) after seeing my head:) * chuckles*
I was so excited to hear the news and promised her that I would come the following day.
So, as soon as I was back home from Friday prayer at Itaewon....after 30 minute ride by metro....I was back to my area (Imundong).....
As I was walking towards the salon, I realized that I had none left in my wallet.....so I got to go to the bank first to have some cash and then...rushed myself back again to the salon. It means-- of course--I got to walk up the street again......
well....for the sake of my new look (no no not new..but for my old & original '원래') I stuck to my plan of having my hair trimmed for the first time after a month long time overdue.

As soon as I opened the door of the shop, a smiling and attentive auntie greeted me. Judging from the eyes and the quick movement that she made, I reckoned she remembered me and without further ado....she just said 'Oh, ok...let's have a seat here.'
I did not have to explain more about what I wanted to do with my hair(?)...simply because she kinda knew instantly what I wanted it to be in the first place.
Yes...you guessed it folks..
She just did my hair...nicely.
Really...I did not have to wait....long until she finished trimming my hair.
She was a nice lady who.....did not stop talking about how I would look should I keep my style like this ( of course I knew even without her letting me know)...but I just let her do her job and tell stories.^^
I guess it will be another chance for me to experience the real usage of Korean language in a beauty shop where most customers are .....women.....:) ^^ I am excited to hear more of what they have to offer for me in the realm of Korean language experience.
back to my story....
after a 3-minute..showdown...^^ I got my style back.
and what is more interesting was the fact that she gave me a high-school price...which was only 6,000 Won.:)

Whopppppyyyy...

It never occurred to me that I finally got what I wanted with my hair...and more than that...it is relatively cheap compared to other places......and ...better yet.......the imo (auntie) is a nice one. Guess..I'd be her regular customer, then.^^
Simply put....I was and am so excited to see my head the way it used to be again after one month of letting it grow. ^^
And...to capture the moment of the first hair cut (trim) ever in Seoul...........I took some snaps of my head:)
Well..the narcissistic Suray is back.
cleanly shaved or trimmed hair (head, I mean)
the look as of October 8, 2011 :)

the scar on my forehead keeps reminding me of what my daughter--Frey--a did to me
two week prior my departure to Korea. I love it. 

I like the cleanly shaved or trimmed ridge of my head...
because I don't need to brush my hair....


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...