안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, October 17, 2011

Nasi Kuning in Ansan

First time ever that I went to Ansan, a 2-hour ride into the southwestern part off Seoul city. Some still considered it as Seoul..but not for those who live there...since it is a bit kinda small town....where mostly small or medium sized enterprises are located.
Got to see and taste the town myself..since I heard that there are lots of Indonesian restaurants there. I was right. As soon as I got off the metro, two different guys were approaching me....and gave me pamphlets of their newly opened Indonesian restaurant.
The names themselves vary: Barokah, Kartini, Batavia, Garuda, Lea Original, Warung Indonesia, Prambanan, and many other things.
The simple reason as to why I went there in the first place was because...
I wanted to eat Indonesian diet...
taking a pic. before eating them up:)

nasi kuning and sate kambing (lamb satay): way up off

nasi kuning!!!

so, I was lucky enough to have nasi kuning or yellow rice.
It was relatively more expensive than Korean food back up there in my campus (hehehehe). But, the idea of making it as a nostalgic or a shooting step to soothe the longing for my country's staple food...I might as well end up eating it with gusto....because it was delicious.....more than what I expected it would be.
There are lots of other Indonesian food that you can name.
Soto, empek-empek, krupuk udang, es dawet, es soda gembira....and ....other imaginable food you may have tried before.

since I am a vegetarian, I gave up the rendang (beef) and gave them to Wawan whoe instantly felt the sparkle his eyes because it was cool.
Oh, the price of one plate of nasi kuning was only 6,000 Won.
Worth the price? I think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...