안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Buka Puasa @ SMP Branggahan




Another buka puasa or breaking the fast together.

This time around...it was my father's invitation. He asked us to join him to attend the buka puasa at his school where other teachers and their families would also be coming. It was like a pot luck party in essence because each family would bring some food to share. Daddy bought chicken satay and my sister cooked some vegetable salad and soup.
As we arrived at the school, other teachers were busy preparing the food for buka puasa. I noticed some of the things that I could eat and some that I could not. Kolak? of course. The appetizer for most of buka puasa time was there. Many kinds of soups, vegetables, chicken, beef, fish fillet and desserts were available.
I met my father's colleagues that I have known for a long time since we are like a family in itself.
After breaking the fast, we had Magrib jamaah and followed by Isya prayer and tarawih as usual.

This time I noticed that the school had been under renovation since there are new buildings and more greenery are visible around it.
My kids love to play around at the field at the center of the school.

Oh, Eyra ate 3 or 4 satays I guess. I never saw her eat that much...I guess it was because of peer influence or peer pressure. There were tens or more kids just in Eyra's age. She saw them eating with their respective parents, so I think Eyra must've wanted to taste the same situation....or was it because the satay simply delicious? Well, I never know. But, ...the buka puasa bersama has been a good rewarding experience for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...