안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, August 1, 2011

The first day of Ramadan


It is August 1 or Ramadan 1 or the first day of fasting month 1432 H. The preparations started one day earlier for sure, at least. The tarawih (night prayer) initiated the whole procession of the first day. Lots of people came to the mosque inside our residential area. I presume that it was around 600 people or so. Hmm a lot. No wonder it was a bit overcrowded…which was a good thing, actually. Considering that the mosque is packed with people old and young is of some good significance.

Early on in the morning or to be precise during dawn or before dawn actually…J we woke up to have the pre-dawn breakfast a.k.a. Sahur. Hmm…I barely could see what I ate, though. A bit excited-mixed-with-sleepy-feeling of sheer happiness ran through my veins and minds…..this IS the Ramadan Fasting month. What a glorious feeling.

The first day…I still got to do some errands.
Went to the office to finish some unfinished business, met Andika to do some accounting job of our previously carried out Indonesian course; went to Panti Rapih hospital to take care of the traveling letter for my motheri-in-law who is planning to transfer to another hospital for her routine haemodialysis; went to PKU Muhammadiyah hospital to have my mother’s name registered as the patient of this hospital a month later (after Lebaran) or starting from September 2011. For this part, although I have officially registered her name as the patient of this hospital, I think it is wise to reconsider transferring mother to this hospital. It is simply because at the current hospital (Bethesda), she is well taken care of. I am not saying that she will not be taken care of well at PKU, no. I do not imply or say this…I am just saying that mother is getting used at receiving treatment at this current hospital. I have to make sure whether she could cope with the transfer conditions or not. As a son-in-law, I still got to make sure if she is okey with that.

Then…on my way home from PKU, I dropped by at Amanda brownies to buy some brownies and then…I bought some snacks (jenang) to bring home. Hmm…
Now…it is buka time (break the fasting time). The first ever..
Alhamdulilllah……it is now 17.45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...