안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The 8th Day of Ramadan (part 1)

Let's see what I did today.
After playing with my kids in the morning. I got a phone call from pak Heru Marwata asking me whether I had finished the auditing report. Gosh, it was just like a slap on my face. I forgot to finish it. I was in a terrible situation because that meant that I got to finish it by noon today.
Without further ado, I opened my netbook, got myself online and downloaded my saved file from my inbox and started finishing my over due report.
After one hour, it turned out that I could do it within an hour.
(gosh...procrastination !!!!! my biggest flaw just set in again)
I could have done it days ago. Yet, I kept postponing it.
As soon as I finished making the whole report no no..it was a preliminary report, I managed to send the files to Pak Heru and my other colleagues for checking.

Just when I felt relieved that I just finished what I thought to be the last tasks of today's....I was flabbergasted by my other procrastinated report of my research. It was just like a bomb fell into my head and I knew instantly that it would just blew up less I do something about it.
Then...I did not ask no more.....and I did not wait any more...
I started another huge task of finishing my research project. Well, actually I had finished it 2 months ago. It was just that I forgot printing it and thus...I forgot to submit it to the committee.
Oh, come on, Suray...how could you do this again?
Then...as soon as I finished adding some *finishing touches* to the report, I printed them out and brought them to the copy center at Jalan Kaliurang and have them copied and laminated.
I was so relieved that I finally managed to finish two important jobs today.
Alhamdulillah....everything did pay off.
I got some rewards out of those deeds, tasks, jobs.

Additional activities:
- meeting bu nining's students who happened to be at the office having a consultation with ibu nining.
- meeting pak Arief who was talking about his plan of continuing his doctoral degree.
- meeting pak Amir to ask his permission for not being able to attend the presentation session on August 19.
- going to Mandiri to pay my credit card. 8 - 8 -'11 was the deadline...and fortunately I did pay it on time.:)
Then, I rushed back home and managed to drop by at Okeiki restaurant to bring home some side dishes for breaking the fast.
Good day indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...