안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Different facade of Mosques

It's the 3rd day of Ramadan. I think I should have uploaded this entry yesterday, but I did not. So, I am jotting down this entry under which I will spare some time to show the pics I took when I was at two different Mosque (yesterday & today). Just to give an overview of what is inside these two differing Mosque.
First, I went to Syuhada Mosque, one of the oldest available Mosques in town still lingering with the problems of its old facade--but hey..that's the main attractiveness of its particular Mosque. It looks just the way it was when I first visited this Mosque back in 1992 when I set my foot in Jogja to be a student. The same old building still standing there; even the interior and the uniqueness of its carpet is somewhat still representing the past.

Then, today I went to Maskam (Masjid Kampus) UGM where I occasionally have my afternoon prayers there. It was a modernly and elegantly built Mosque inside the campus. With lots of its tantalizing activities to cater the needs of students and common people alike, the Mosque boasts itself with its numerous activities during Ramadan, well known for it RDK (Ramadan di Kampus 'Ramadan in Campus').

I still enjoy both of these two different Mosque simply because each offers its particular attractiveness.
Love them both, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...