안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, August 12, 2011

Last minute Change of Plan for Dinner

Ms. Han Sang Mee, KOICA volunteer, who served her 2-year term at our university from 2007 -2009 just arrived in Jogjakarta for a 5-day visit. She told us that she misses Jogja...and that is her simple reason of coming back again.
Two days ago she surprised us by showing up unexpectedly at the office. Some of us just could not believe that she just dropped by like that without any hints of visiting... but hey..it was a great thing indeed that she is here now.
So, she told me that she kinda planned it lightly. Booked a flight from Seoul - KL - Jogja and flew right here.
As she did not bring any oleh-oleh from Seoul, she told me that she would take me out for dinner with the rest of my family and our gang:) Well, who wouldn't want that?
...One day passed by...
On second thought....it would be so weird of having to be together...but she is the one who invites us for dinner. Wait...!!! Wait...Wait....!!! something seems a bit odd and not right...
So....on the last minutes of being invited to Ms. Han's dinner....
I confirm the situation once again.....which is ....the simple fact that she is our guest at the moment. She is now visiting Jogjakarta to meet us.
....Without further ado, I decided to tell my colleagues that we would never let Ms. Han Sang Mee invite us and pay the meal for us. Nope.
...Instead...we should invite/ask Ms. Han for dinner.So, I invite her to come for dinner, as for us..it is breaking the fast together.
Coincidentally...today is my 9th anniversary of marriage. ....So..I have the more reason to invite some of my colleagues...
Since today is the only time she has time, and so is for us....(She has an appointment of meeting her students on Friday and on Saturday she is flying to Jakarta for vacation).
So...today we ended up having dinner a.k.a. breaking the fast together at Hartz Chicken.
Once again...this was also the last minute change of plan.
Everything went well and it was a great dinner and break the fast together.
Ms.Han Sang Mee unexpectedly also give us a pair of gifts that we love.
I just hope that she enjoys her stay in Jogjakarta and hopefully we could meet again in Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...