안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, March 2, 2012

2012 Korea-ASEAN Culture & Arts Forum (part 1)


It was a nice holiday as well as rewarding one; especially since I also took part in one of the important events ever held right here in Korea. It was 2012 Korea-ASEAN Culture & Arts Forum.
I was not a participant, I was just merely a kind of Liaison officer or a guide for the speakers and guests from other countries. Since I am an Indonesian, I was glad to be a guide for two speakers from Indonesia who turned out to be my previous lecturers at home-university: Mr Eddy and Dr. Lono. Along with me, Min Seon hee, one of the HUFS graduate students and also an alumni of Gadjah Mada University,became the LO for the Indonesian as well as Malaysian delegates.










 It was a great time to meet time, for sure. Also, I had a responsibility to accompany delegates from Malaysia as well. The reason was simple enough: both Malaysia and Indonesia speak almost the same language: Malay and Indonesian language.










The Forum was a success in itself. I could see the vigorous endeavor that the committee did to succeed the Forum.
So what I want to highlight here was only what I did during the first day of my tasks of being an LO.
First, we had to be ready at Lexington Hotel at Youido where all of the delegates stayed during the 4-day Forum in Seoul.
Then, I got to be in the first meeting to outline the whole programs to the delegates.
 I was sitting in a round-table set for all delegates.
It was great to meet other prominent and distinguished guests and people from other countries and Korea...who are mostly involved in culture and arts preservation. Musician, traditional dancers, researchers and the likes were there.
Good to know them.










Oh...the first day was sooo funnily yet awkwardly set up. the whole ice-breaking games for the delegates was a successful event in the evening. Through a series of programs, we came to realize that most of the delegates coming from ASEAN and Korea did have something in common. A lot!

----
Then....I took the delegates to Insadong to have dinner and had a stroll along the way.
Mr. Eddy and Mr. Lono and other delegates from Malaysia had to make sure that they could survive the night since it was a bit cold for them.
So, instead of going along the Insadong street, after having a sumptuous Korean traditional dinner, we went to a Korean tea house.
worth it? yes, of course.
That's been my tasks for the first day/night of the Forum.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...