안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tapgol Park @ Seoul














Tapgol Park or Pagoda Park or ....Independence Park...or so I read in other brochure...that's how this park got its name.










 First thing first, I got the impression that...lots of senior citizens were flocking, roaming around, chatting with others, meeting their friends, walking around, sitting around, or just enjoying the park. Barely youngsters went there (that's what I saw though). then....a whole bunch of kindergarten or first year of elementary school students were seen walking through the park with their students.






Good.
Why is that?
Because I learned that this is the first modern park ever built in Seoul. Not only that, it turned out that it was the first venue where Independence proclamation protest or movement was ever being held--back then in March 1, 1919. (March 1 is now one of the national holidays in Korea)...just like last Thursday^^



I also learned that this park also conserves Wongaksa sipcheungsoktap or that's how I remember it. It is a ten-storied stone pagoda---what's more interesting is that.....this pagoda is secured or kept within the high glassed wall as tall as the pagoda itself. I think because this is one of the most important treasures for Korea, I think so.
Apart from that, something enticed us more--especially because I was going there with my kids.


The parks had lots of birds ( I was not so sure as to whether they were doves, pigeons, or any other kinds of birds). They looked like pigeons but they were somewhat little bigger than the averaged pigeons). Anyway, they did attract my kids that we were luring them in such a way so as to make them get nearer nearer and .......play with us. And...it worked.^^
That was how one-hour afternoon was well spent in the park, Tapgol park ...right in the heart of Seoul, Jeongno area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...