안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pansori 판소리: A New Twisted Pansori (part 1)

Twisted Pansori? Yup, that's how I describe the Pansori I just watched earlier today.
I got this invitation--in fact as many as my 90 other friends or so, also got this invitation--to see the premiere of the so-called Pansori: Wearing Rain Boot(?) 판소리 레인부츠를 신다 (Geez: I have to admist that I got no idea what it meant).
Anyway...the point was that...I was so ecstatic when our sonsaengnim told us about this invitation to see and experience Pansori--wait for it: not the one that would dooze people away just simply by hearing the word 'pansori', especially for any foreigners who are not that accustomed to what this is all about. Some of you may have seen it, might have heard  of it from TV, friends, or even saw it on YouTube or even live show before.

As for me, I did see Pansori about twice and most of them were relatively palatable--that's what I could say about this. For those who are not that yet accustomed to or better yet...not being able to grasp Korean language---(just like me--giggle)^^, Pansori would only make one to wonder as to how to enjoy this seemingly intricate singing-genre authentic only and solely in Korea.
---
BUT......the one that I just saw today...INDEED juggernautingly changed the way I would perceive Pansori for once more.
I've been liked.....wham.....slapped on my face as to how creative these young kids from Hanyang University of Music Department were. They did bring in and open up our eyes...to the new level of Pansori ......unlike any other shows I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...