안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Today's Discussion Class

Well, I cannot come up with any good idea of how to put the term 기부입학 (gibuibhak) is in English. Anyway...this was just a term or a topic that I did in my class this morning. Every Thursday, we have a discussion class where we had to talk about a certain topic. Today, the topic was about this gibuibhak. It was a difficult topic to deal with. But I think our class seemed to do it quite well..considering the facts that we were not that exposed to the topic--let alone about this issue in Korea.
So, I learned that this topic has steered a lot of heating debates across Korea in the past two years or so. Despite the fact that it is legally prohibited in Korea, it is still obscure as to whether there are (were) universities practicing this. Anyway, we did a lot of great stuffs to talk about.

I love Thursdays because --despite its being difficult for me, for we need to talk in Korean.
Let me see what I remembered from the class today. It was so tough that we needed to use new terms to describe our ideas on the issue. It's a relief that our sonsaengnim did a good job of 'insisting'+ pushing+demanding+encouraging us to use all possible ways and ideas to express our ideas.
To give an idea of what we did in the class, here is the picture of how our ideas were transformed and expressed as seen on the whiteboard^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...