안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

한.미 FTA (Korea-US Free Trade Agreement)

I will not--of course--talk about something this heavy -a-subject on my blog^^. Instead, I will just want to share what I found on subway advertisement. Well, it is about FTA--okey. But, the way it is projected in such a way is something that attracts me.
First, I know that some Koreans did oppose the implementation of Korea-US FTA for some or so many reasons. I still remembered last year's long rallie being held in Gwanghwamun and Chongno area around downtown to oppose its implementation. With no avail. 
Well, as the fact suggest, the official implementation of this FTA did initiate itself on March 15, 2012. So, there are no other choices but to get along with this. So, this is when the role of government to make sure that its people understand and support its agreement. This ads suggests that at some point, Korean government tries its best to make sure that its people will understand this hard decision. Look at the ads: it is in cartoon, not real people....that would appeal more for passers by or subway passengers in this case..to at least to give it a thought. 
This ads suggest that this FTA would make one's family's daughter changed. How and what changes that would possibly be fell upon her, then? 
The ads says that  thanks to FTA, the prices of oranges, jelly, lemon are getting cheaper and cheaper...which later on eventually would help her solve her diet problem and of course...her skin would be better, too. 
FTA would also boost foreign investment in Korea that would eventually create more jobs and make her get her job that she wants.  etc...
I love learning Korean and Korean society through ads or any other medium I find on the streets or at any other places where I would bump them into. It kinds of helps me to understand more of what's going on or what Korean people are talking or buzzing about...
Oh, this ad has different theme, too: this one talks about how FTA affects a daughter's life. Other ads deal with their Mom, Daddy, Son.....
I think this is a cool way to disseminate the awareness of what FTA would hopefully bring about to Korean society.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...