안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, March 2, 2012

World Students in Korea, the 6th Batch: First meeting

I could not be happier than this.
As to why?
Well....it is simple, really.
The things I do love doing through the internet, e.g. blogging...or jotting down my thoughts and ideas on the net....has put me into ...or has made me to be one of the appointee of the World Students in Korea program--a program initiated by Korea's Presidential Council on Nation Branding (국가브랜드위원회). Well..for sure..it is a happy thought in itself.
The headquarter of
 the Presidential Council on Nation Branding
How come?
I think I must've been one of the luckiest ones among lots of students who wanted to be in the program (I suppose).
So, upon reading an announcement posted on my campus last year, I deliberately sent my application to the Presidential Council on Nation Branding.
Of course, one of the important requirements that I needed to show was....the mere fact that anyone willing to be the appointee....should have a blog of his/her own. And I DO have one.^^
That was like...a too good to be true--kind of joys.
Now.....I am officially appointed to be the members of this World Students in Korea as of February 29, 2012. What a nice day to appoint someone..since it was a LEAP year, after all. Cool, eh?
Welcoming Address by 이배용 위원장
That day, all of the fellow members of the 6th batch of this World Student was invited to have the first meeting or called "2012 브랜드 커뮤니케이터 신년하례식'  or literally translated, it would be the 2012s Brand Communicator Congratulatory Ceremony".
I was happy since I met lots of new friends who were also the new members of this 6th batch.
What's more could I want...than having to be in the circles of people with the same interests in blogging and at the same ....learning something or lots of new things in and out of Korea..or Korea-related stuffs.
More than that, the first day gave me an impression that the Presidential Council on Nation Brandind does its best to serve its purpose of bringing Korea to the world and the world to Korea vice versa.
The welcoming speech and the first lecture by 이배용 위원장 also highlighted the spirits of the Council. She knows and masters her niche so well that I learn a lot from her that day.
yugwa, bram tteok, gyeongdan, yakgwa,
& citron tea (not in the pic.)
Then....the simplest refreshment offered to us....was also too nice to refrain myself from not eating them. The Korean traditional refreshments did entice me.
Then...Pansori show, the daegum, the gayageum, and the samulnori show also....stole the attention of the new members.
I myself became so drawn into the sheer pleasure of listening to Pansori...LIVE....^^ I did not know that Pansori could be so interesting like that. I always thought of it as something so long and drawn out...But I was wrong.
Full-fledged show or "tasting show"
on various Korean traditional musical ensemble
So, the first meeting of our 6th Batch...was splendidly carried out...that it gave me an impression...wow...what a thrilling ride of the year ahead of me....by joining and being the official member of the World Students in Korea^^
Can't wait for another more exciting programs from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...