안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Surprise B'Day Party with friends @ Uijeongbu

I've been helping my friends, students, colleagues, fellows, brothers, and sisters at Uijeongbu musholla for about two months now.
I think it must've been my destiny to be here right here in Korea and have myself be exposed to all of the joys of being here.....: meeting new friends along the way.  Friends who more often than not....become my  family right here in Korea.
Who would've guessed and thought that I could end up studying here in Seoul.
Who would've known that I end up participating or getting myself involved in Korean language teaching class....though I am still learning the language myself.
But...that's the beauty of it all.
 .....so...there it was.
I was going to start my class as any other Sunday morning at around 10.30 a.m. when...I heard a 'commotion' at the adjacent room. I heard my friend called me to come inside...and when I did so....I was so deeply touched by the sincere look and sincere modesty that my friends in Uijeongbu had for me. They surprised me with the B'day cake.....that I will never forget.
How can I?
The cake itself came from them....^^ I knew it was from Paris Baguette^^ my fave cake shop
But..that's not the reason as to why I won't forget about it.
1. First, because it all came from their hearts. I think I kind of love them as my family in Korea.
2. Second...because of the way they argued about how old I am...^^. Out of which.....the cake came up wit a 73 digit candle on top of it.....that of course....flabbergasted me.
I thought they thought that I was 37 y.o. or something. Well, some did.^^
Funny...because I am 38^^
So, to make things funnier......they deliberately set the candles to resemble the 73^^
Anyhow...which one or another....did make me smile^^
I did have a great time with them....teaching them..something I know.
Thank you friends.너무 너무 고마웠어요.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...