안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, March 26, 2012

Mr. Obama just visited HUFS

Ok...the fuzz was coming and buzzing around my campus since last week. I thought it was just a hoax as to why Mr. President Obama has chosen our campus to visit instead of SNU or any other big campuses around Korea. I heard that since HUFS is a small campus in size, the security measures are easy to navigate. Ok. that is maybe true. But, I am sure that there must be more reasons than just that! So, I am sure that the decision must've been due also to the fact that HUFS symbolizes the strength of Korea in its vigorous effort to nurture and reach the world by learning other cultures. And...in the very essence of that, HUFS stands out as the first and representative campus and academic institution where lots of languages and its related matters are being taught right here. So, I guess...Mr. Obama's visit to HUFS does indeed show the fact how important this campus is. It has become a kind of pride in itself for HUFS. Why Not.^^
Ok, this morning, I was walking about the campus..and sure...I could not come into the Minerva complex where the special lecture by Mr. Obama was held. The security was tight. Even, our campus has been declared "Holiday" thanks to Mr Obama's visit. ^^
Good.  (in both senses)
Anyhow...since I could not listen to his speech live....I got my TV on and....^^ watched him speak live through TV.




^^ It was so ironically funny..since I live just 200 meters away from the Minerva complex...but....could not see and feel directly.^^
But, that did not dampen my spirit of trying to have and listen to what he was talking about.







Ok, here are what I grasped:
1. Kakao Talk.^^ (I wonder if Mr. President ever uses this cool stuff. Suppose he has one, that'll be cool, eh?^^)
2. Hallyu^^ (a sincere recognition from Mr. President)
3. HUFS^^ (a special recognition in itself...simply by his visit to the campus)
4. Young Generation of Korea being the country's future
5. Korea's economic progress in the aftermath of the war (a recognition)
6. His hope of inter-Korea relation (referring to that of both present day Germany)
7. and of course.....nuclear power for peace.
8. ok...I also got some notes on Osama, Iran North Korea: for sure!
9. US-South Korea ties to be strengthened.
 10. " Come to Korea and see how the country progresses..."




(another shot of what I took from TV this morning: simply out of my curiosity and as a token of remembrance as well as a historical proof of his visit for years to come)^^




Ok, Monday, March 26, 2012 has been marked as one of the important history of our university, HUFS.
Come to HUFS, and Meet the World.
I guess..it pretty much sums up the idea in itself. It does.

2 comments:

  1. i was studying at HUFS that time, too! How we didn't meet? :D Or maybe we did just didn't know... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, really? Anyway..although we didn't know back then...at least now we know, right?^^
      thanks for dropping by on my blog...
      Have a great day....:)

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...