안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pansori: A New Twistedly Exciting Pansori (part 2)

So, I went to Eunpyong Cultural Center by subway righ after having my Friday prayer at Itaewon Masjid. It was a good thing to know as well that I just needed to take the line 6 subway until Yeokchon station without having to transfer. It took about 30 minutes or so for me to be there. I met my classmate, Marta from Poland--who was looking her way to the Center. Luckily that she met me, otherwise....
anyhow...back to the Pansori...
After getting there, still...I had no idea..not even the slightest one of what I would encounter in the theater. So, I checked into the registration booth where I needed to sign up for my name; confirming that I was on invitation to see the show.
As I was walking into the corridor leading into the theater, I grabbed one booklet explaining of what the show was all about. Good decision!




I could see that the show was about the supposedly new genre of Pansori being brought back into the contemporary collaboration with other genres of music amplified by the witty infusion of lighting effects, movies, theatrical props, and modern musical instruments ranging from organ, bass, drum, guitar, flute....to complement the indispensibly existing Korean traditional instruments. After all that was Pansori all about.


The show begun exactly at 3 pm.
The nerve-cracking audience with little prior experince of what to see and how to behave during the show only made it even more interesting. So, the show started with a kind of welcoming and introductory show of what to do and what to say--SHOUT--during the show.

oh man...I remember the one term when all of us got to say 'olsigu', jotha, jaranta, amyeon, geureoji, eodi, eueoit!!!......(얼시구, 좋다, 잘한다, 아면, 그렇지, 어디, 으어싯!!!!).
Since most of us did not /have not yet got accustomed to those terms. They are mostly used to have a kind of interactive reprisal or answers or just expression of what one feels whenever they see the Pansori; notably when the performers say something of one's interest.

2 comments:

  1. 안녕하세요!!!
    저는 판소리 레인부츠를 신다 첫번째 이야기를 공연한 송보라예요.
    관객평이 궁금해서 검색하다가 들어왔는데 판소리 공연에 좋은 인상을 받으신 것 같아서 힘을 얻어갑니다!!ㅎㅎ
    다음에도 기회가 되시면 TAROO를 비롯한 국악 공연에 많은 관심 가져주세요.

    아참!!!
    저와 몇몇 친구들은 한양대학교 출신이 맞구요. 그 외에도 다양한 학교 출신의 친구들이 함께 만든 거예요. ^_____^

    (그리구 생다른...'색다른'을 쓰시고 싶으셨던거 맞죠??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah....thank you.네, 맞습니다. 색다른^^. I did enjoy the show veeerrrryyyy mmmmuuuuch. I think it was great of you to take the daring steps to bring the pansori into what you've shown us. Thank you very much. 물론 다른 공연이 있으면 보겠습니다.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...