안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coex Mall











Frankly speaking, I am a kind of mall boy/mall man myself. I mean: I love going to the malls just to see how people interact and mingle with one another in a shopping center. Not that I love shopping, No. I just kinda love to see the different outdoor (though malls are mostly indoor)^^ activities bestowed upon my eyes. And...more than that...I also love the feeling of being in the midst of crowds. Strange, eh?









So, back home either in Jogjakarta or in Jakarta, I used to go to the malls twice a  week. Especially, I love the malls back home in Jakarta with its high sophisticated and full-of-cultural shows they have to offer (though most of them are wrapped in economy-driven or hedonistic atmosphere)^^
But that does not refrain me from not going^^(but...pls. keep in mind...that I am NOT into shopping spree^). I'm more of a onlooker^^









Now that I am living in Seoul, the capital of Korea....I also cannot refrain myself from not going to the malls—though I have to admit the the concept of mall here is somewhat different from those of backhome’s.
But..that’s the challenges.
So, up to now...I Park Mall and Coex mall are two of the representatives of the malls that I like visiting right here in Seoul. No other reasons than both of them somewhat.....represent ...what the malls backhome were like. (still, quite different).
So, this time around, I took my family to Coex mall located at Samsong-dong. It’s the business district in Gangnam area where most of luxury hotels and major company’s headquarters are located.









The World Trade Center, the COEX Aquarium, the huge exhibition halls, and of course ..waif for it....Megabox (one of the early huge cineplex in Seoul) are all there in one place. So, being there could be a refreshing idea to spend a weekend or any day in a week.......But mind you...it would not be so refreshing for the pockets^^; for most of them are not cheap. ^^
So, the kids love going there simply for taking another view of what Seoul has to offer for its residents as well as for its visitors.









See the pics: the kids love balloons and hopla...they always make sure that balloons are in their itineraries. (sigh^^). Then, the books. Yes, shopping and hunting for books are what I mostly like, so I have become a regular member of Bandi and Luni’s Bookstore and Kyobo bookstore (two of the biggest bookstores in Seoul—I assume).
 Well, this is pretty much of what we did in Coex mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...