안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Masjid Itaewon, Seoul

It was Friday, March 2, 2012.
A not-that-cold day to start with...but in the afternoon...it was getting windy and cold.
And...to make things more interesting...I was taking my family to Masjid Itaewon for the first time.


The only one and the biggest Masjid in Seoul lies right here in Itaewon. And...it is my weekly 'ritual' to come here to have my Friday prayer-- an obligatory for all Muslim men.
So, usually, I have to leave my class earlier. I am so glad and happy that all of my teachers at HUFS really   respect the diversities of their students. As for me, they give me permission to leave the class early every Friday since I have to be at the masjid by 1 pm. I have only 30 minutes to get myself to the masjid.














Alhamdulillah...though more often than not....I am-- being-- late...I still manage to perform the prayer.
That day...in particular..since it was still a term break, I could ask my family to go along with me.




It was a good experience for them, too.

They could see the Masjid and met other friends there, too.
Personally, the visage of the Masjid always soothes me.
The sermons held in three different languages: Arabic, English, and Korean are always interesting for me; for I can learn the multicultural aspect of it, too. More than that, meeting other friends from other countries is also a so called 'added value' to the visit.

@ Itaewon













Now that we are coming for the first time, it was a good time to capture the moment of being there with the family and friends.

somewhere in Itaewon

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...