안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Korea's Indie Band

I thought that K-Pop rules. But, I was wrong. Well, to some extent .....it does.
This how I see it.
Lots of people get crazy head over heel over the ever-burgeoning prowess of K-Pop--not only in Korea, but as most people acknowledge--almost in every corner of the world.
Sadly though....there are more than just K-Pop.
I think --personally-- the world needs to know also...that Korea has also more varied genre of music than just K-Pop.
The one that that I hope people all across the world should know....other than K-Pop...is the mere existence of Korea's indie bands--which truly set forth another genre and nuance of Korean music.
I wish more and more people know more about this indie bands, for they present a completely different feeling of music. Unlike K-Pop, Korea's indie bands offer something that would palatable to more people, not only youngsters or teenagers that cover most of K-Pop fans.
( My American-Korean (Korean-American) friend, Jennely, a classmate with whom I get acquainted with in class, has shown me more than just what meets the eyes. She has a knack for Indie band that in fact she is now working in an enterprise of this indie world).
That's how I came up to get in touch with the Korea's indie bands world.
There are some groups worth mentioning here: 10cm, 요조, Vodka Rain, Donawhale, The Knoxx, Auquabird, 메이트, 스웨트, 페퍼톤스, Small Acacia Band, 타루, Belle Epoque, 가을 방학, Vanilla Acoustic, Humming Urban Stereo, Naru, 토마스 쿡, 루시아, 오지은, MOT (못), 커피 소년, Fanny Ink, ......endless list goes on.
Amazingly....not many people know this. Well, some Koreans do. For instance, 10 cm has popularly gained its strength and fame lately amongst Korean audience as well. But, for outsiders or International market (mostlyt those who only know K-Pop), those are nothing or unheard of.^^
I just wish that these amazing talents as shown in Korean Indie band would be more and more be famous or at least get recognizable....
Check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...