안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Vending Machine

Coffee Vending Machine? I've seen that. everywhere. Beverages, be it cool or hot, sold through vending machines are common visage in every public corner in Seoul. And I bet in any other cities in Korea.  But, book vending machine? Yes, I have heard about it before. But never have I actually seen it with my own eyes. Well, there are lots and lots and....numerous.......arrays of bookstores--be it small or big; not to mention the second-hand bookstores. There are a lot right here in Seoul.

But..then....I found this unique vending machine that solely sells books. I was at Seoggye station waiting for my train when I deliberately walked around the platform to see what it had to offer.  That was when I saw this. Quite an interesting sight to see. The books being sold: They are mostly 2000 Won or roughly US$ 1.8 or Rp 15,000. Cheap!  And..the books are mostly about trivial stuffs that might make people get interested in buying them simply out of their curiosity or out of their boredom of waiting.
Here are some of the unique titles of the books: 
젊은 시절 꼭 해야 할 77가지 (77 Must-Do Things When You're Young)
유며 영어 ( Humor in English) 
IQ 도뇌 쿠이즈 ( IQ Brain Quiz)
타로를 알면 사람이 보인다 ( You Know Tarot, You See People)
관상을 알면 사람이 보인다 ( Understanding People's (Fortune) through Their Face/Visage)
유머의 기술 ( The Art/Technique of Humor)
2012 지구 종말 (2012 The End of the World)
유머의 팝콘 (Popcorn of Humor)
대화의 기술 (The Art/Technique of Conversation)
A 혈액형 인간학 (A Blood Type: Study of Man)
B 혈액형 인간학 ( B Blood Type: Study of Man)
AB 혈액형 인간학 (AB Blood Type: Study of Man)

So, the next time you feel like reading something light while  waiting for your train in Seoul subway, why not try to buy these books out of the vending machine? (But, they are --surely-- in Korean^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...