안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, August 9, 2013

A Decent Meal for Dinner

 Decent, simple, yet...irresistible for some. Okay..once again ..I am a vegetarian...so ..having a feast in Eid does not give me any huge difference of what I could intake into my body..in term of meals.  Last night, Mbak Ulfa generously cooked for us dinner. 
She invited some of us to her house to have mi bakso fiesta. Yes, mi bakso or meatball noodles.
Veggies, shredded chicken meat, pangsit or dumplings, sambal or spicy sauce, soy ketchup, and tomato ketchup...and others...(unseen on the pic). 
Oh...and..I got this Lebaran gift from my KBS crew. It's Lebaran and we usually eat lots and lots of cookies. So..what's the closest rendition of Lebaran cookies right here in Korea? 
They found this Pan-Fried Cakes that I love.
Sure...I brought along these cookies to mbak Ulfa's house...
and have them shared with others. 
As for this one, it is another home-made cookies. What a Lebaran or Eid Mubarak would be without cookies? Unimaginable. 
At least there should be one or two. It's all a cultural thing.  
Back to the meatball noodle I was talking about earlier. This is the picture. A combination of meatball, dumplings, vegetables, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and noodles (beneath all of these ingredients), and of course...
with hot chicken broth that surely comes along with it.
But...No...I did not eat it, well..at least in a complete style. The only thing I could eat was the noodle and veggies + dumpling (veggie filled).
Being a vegetarian.....always help me 'detach' myself from devouring myself into this kind of meal. No matter how delicious the food be. 
"Thank you, mbak Ulfa...for preparing the dinner for us"
*Then...we're still waiting for other invitations from other friends...to have lunch, dinner, or any other meals ....^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...