안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Visit to Ehwa Womans University: A Dine Meeting with My Colleagues

I did not go home as soon I touched down in Seoul from Boryeong, Daecheon beach. Instead, I rushed myself to Ehwa Womans University in Shinchon area. Well, when it comes to mentioning this mostly women-only campus^^, one cannot simply deny its utmost charm: no other than the green-roofed architecture built in a canyon-like construction. It's huge--I could assure you. I was like....dwarfed as I walked into the valley:)^!
It's designed by Dominique ...architecture, my associate informed me! (okay, I should've found it on Google). sure it'll pop up.^^ 
but..one thing for sure, there were lot of people, tourists ^^, yes tourists who deliberately flocked to this campus to see this multi-purpose underground building.  
But, that's not the purpose of my visit. 
I came to another building: it's Ehwa Language Center. 
I came to see the director of Korean Studies Dept., Prof. Lee Haiyoung whom I met several time years ago in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia.. yes..she finally learned that I AM in Korea. 
So, I got a tour into her campus and yes..I remembered how elegantly different Ehwa is now.  I think the last time I visited Ehwa was in 2004 back then...hmm..hardly remember when it was...
We had a dinner at a restaurant near campus. A specially catered restaurant that served a string of seemingly endless menu...to soothe my vegetarian appetite.
Thank you, Prof. Lee for having put such a consideration. 
Me, Korea Foundation's ms. Hwang, ms. Kim Hyunjin (ELC, Ehwa); Ms. Lee Haiyoung, and ms Ha, Jeehye (a lecturer at Yonsei Korean Language Institute).
Oh, ms Hwang will have her 2 or 3-year service in Gadjah Mada Universty as a Korea Foundation-dispatched officer. 
We talked a lot about our future mutual endeavors. A lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...