안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, August 24, 2013

Gyeongju City Tour Bus (part 4): 안압지 Anapji Pond

Now let me get this straight. Do I need to walk all the way down the long lane..with barely no trees to the hall beyond? and I got to walk for about 40 minutes, should I want to enjoy the whole area?
The answer is YES.
But..then..I reluctantly did what I had prepared for: I'd rather stay put..and enjoy the pond from afar. So, my pictures do not show the intricate pictures that I should've taken. 
But..I learned a thing or two about the place, though.
It's built in the 7th Century. It was created to serve as a royal exotic garden. Some say..that exotic animals, too, were brought in. (hmmm I wonder what those must have been).
Just when I thought that these were the 'original' buildings, it turned out that they were the restored version thanks to the historical records informing how they must've looked like back then (after being left in ruins). 
We were taking (again and again) some shelter under the tree.^^
I love the traditional pattern, representative of Shilla. I think I saw most of this design every where I went to around Gyeongju. 
See? It's simple, yet...it's simply Shilla. Wait..or is it the modern invention? 
Oh, Anapji pond was also dubbed as the detached palace of Shilla royal family. It's located right in the Anapji pond. yes..a pond with beautiful pond...that I did not have a chance to see.:( 
Freya and her auntie were walking around the detached palace in Anapji pond.
Later when I asked her what it was all about: "Oh...gosh..it's so hot"
Once again, I should've come to Gyeongju during Autumn or Spring.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...