안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, August 31, 2013

Elysium (엘리시움)

The first time I heard about this movie, I looked up my dictionary and learned what Elysium means. Okay..then..off me went to the IMAX theater at CGV Wangshimni. 
I was choked-up with the idea that we could get all cured from all diseases (even cheating death,yes... as long as our brain's still intact..we could cheat death. hmm ) if we live up there in Elysium (Paradise-like space station).
but there's a nauseating fact shown on film: Most white people are on Elysium, while the black, brown, colored people are left on polluted earth. except , Matt Damon, maybe:) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ No, I mean...was it deliberately made so? or...it's just a simple stereotyping that most whites could 'afford' buying their tickets to the Elysium while other could not?
hmm or did I miss something? 
Well, yes..the premise of the movie is enough to intrigue any fans of science-fiction to see this. Me included. And..there's Matt Damon..everyone. and..yes..Jodie Foster, too..is IN the movie. 
So, frankly speaking..they both enticed me.
and..was I blown away by the movie? hmmm....sort of. Not really.
It's a spectacle if you see it in IMAX, but..alas...it's all dull and grey...
Wish..the movie could've been more louder in style, especially the first 30 minutes that would take us in a oh-no-please-do-not-get-me-yawn moment....
Still, so much so, I was pumped up in the last 20 minutes or so of the movie..when everything fell apart. I wish the movie hadn't ended that way, though.
I wish..the movie would've dared itself to tick us to think restlessly..about the future...
*oh, IMAX saved me this time. Not, the movie.
I'm afraid I already forgot what I just saw.....
(3) (out of 5 stars).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...