안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Snowpiercer 설국열차

I managed to see this talked about and anticipated movie on the premier on July 29. I thought the movie was about to be premiered on August 1. But I heard the news that thanks..to Director Bong's agreement, Koreans could enjoy his latest movie a day sooner. After finishing my recording, I rushed to CGV @ IFC Mall, the nearest one the office.
It was  a truly demented, twisted, jaw-dropping, mind blowing Korean movie that left me numb and speechless at the spectacle and its story telling. Koreans must have been so proud of this wide-release movie all across the globe. I can see why. Even CGV decorated itself with lots of posters to sort of commemorate and celebrate the premiere.
The posters of each characters depicted in the movie are hung across the hall. Well, I am not sure about other CGV, but right here in CGV Yoiudo, there was a warm reception on the premiere.
Two Koreans movie are screened at the same time: Snowpiercer (설국열차) and The Terror Live (더테러 라미브). I could not see both on the same day.
In fact I just saw the Terror Live on August 1^^
The social division within carriages on the train circulating the world drenched in the 2nd ice age. The relentless pursuit of freedom. The meaning of humanity is at stake. I just could not believe my eyes of what I saw as I let myself being absorbed into the world of 'Snowpiercer'. The cinematography was appealingly indeed a feast to the eyes even during the most brutal and goriest scene in the movie. The camera movements never sore the audience. 

The striking differences among carriages as the rebellion approaches the upfront carriage were enough to make me (at least) awed by the sheer portrayal of what it must've been like to live on the train for 17 years, especially for those who had to leave at the back of the train. 
See what they eat: don't get alarmed.
See what they have to endure to survive: don't be alarmed.
See what they have do: don't be alarmed...
Just...let your mind absorb the upper/beyond realities...which are appalling to comprehend.
and..yes..the luxurious debaucheries on the front compartments were also appalling. 
Behold!!!
I am not sure as to whether international audience would be able to embrace director Bong's style in movie-making...but yes...I think this Korean movie will be easily remembered as one of the advanced achievement of movie making along with its international cast and crew members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...