안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 10, 2013

I was speechlessly awed...by Eponine

I have have been vaguely listening to Les Miserables or Les Mis or Les Mis....songs for like ...years since ..let's see....back in my college years. Humming them ...acting out like I know them. Though I didn't. ;)

I did not know anything about Les Miserables except from the simple fact that it was one of my readings back in college. So, the thought of seeing it live on Broadway was just like a dream.
So, when it popped up in movie back in 2005(?), I definitely did watch it.
Then..so it goes again...the much-talked-about rendition of musical cinematic experience on big screen through the magic of Les Miserables.
Knowing that it would be a major loss should I miss this particular musical movie, I planned it all along to make it into one of my must-do schedule & must-watch movie that day.
...Having memorized some of the songs and having known the story .....did not hamper me from enjoying the movie at its utmost enjoyment I've had for years watching musical on big screen.

.....I thought that Marius (played by Eddie Redmayne) and Cosette (played by Amanda Seyfried)'s love story and Valjean's storyline or even Fantine's story would catch my breath away...no...well..yes...well...ok..but...
it never slipped through my mind that as I watched the movie.....it turned out that....it was Eponine who stole my mind and...left me speechless....^^
Ok, I love most of the songs..... Well, who doesn't know Fantine's "I Dream a Dream"?
my verdict: Anne Hathaway did nail this song with her own version. Shes' just amazing.
and then...the first hilarious song called "Lovely Ladies" sung by the pimp, whores, Fantine and other ladies...^.^
then...."Master of the House" sung my Thenardier(?) and Madame Thenardier...which in the movie...this song was hilariously sung by Borat^^ I mean..Sacha Baron Cohen..and Bellatrix (^.^)....I mean....Helena Bonham Carter...
and then of course...Eponine's " On MY OWN" that blew me away...to the sobbing part in the middle of the movie...:) hahahahaha
I think Samantha Barks sung this song realllly welll.
then....the "Do you hear the people sing" by all cast members...
wow...watching this movie...is like an adventure.
surely want to re-watch it again....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...