안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Life of Pi: Finally Seen It...and Awed Again...

For those of you who might notice the differences between the movie ticket of Lotte Cinema and that of CGV, you may find that the Lotte's is more like a ticket than the CGV's. The former is made of  paper of course but a rather thick one that resembles what a ticket should be. But, anyway...I am not going to talk about that right here. After all, both are  arguably having the same in function. So, what's the big deal? ^.^
I watch cinemas either in CGV or Lotte Cinema. It all depends on where I am at the time or as to what time the movies are scheduled. As simple as that.
That's why...I got two membership cards at both cinema chains in Korea. 
Now I'd have the itch of jotting down what I thought about Life of Pi.
a big poster I saw at the cinema...
First: about the 3D being used in this movie. I think it is one of the best 3D rendering in movie history. I mean...the 3D is not so excessively used to jolt us down as in other movies...rather...this technology just made me be able to feel the depth of (both) scene and feeling poured into this movie.
*-*
The other day...after a long pondering as to whether I should watch it then or later on....I just thought to myself that I would not let this chance slip away.
So, there I was. Sitting in a dark theater with my 3D glasses on.....transported into the amazing wonderment that Ang Lee captures purely from his heart and passion...projected on the big screen of countless awesomeness. 
Breathtaking scenes shot in a delightfully and earnestly modest color of imagination.
No wonder lots of people brag about this.
I haven't read the book, but from what was being pictured on the movie, it was a really remarkable story of "survival and belief...that a human can endure at the face of seemingly countless impossibilities."
Oh, my...this is I think the best India scenery I have ever seen on movies. 
It's just simply breathtakingly..soothingly.....cinematic portrayal of  India's country side....
As for r the story goes...I was so absorbed into the 277 days (of course,  in the movie ..it won't look that long but..it is still seen and visibly overwhelming) of endurance and patience and of an unlikely friendship (between Pi and a Bengal tiger) being portrayed through the genuine acting of Suraj Dharma who portrayed Pi in the movie.
Ang Lee once again has proven himself to be a master of poetic story-telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...