안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Soyang Dam @ Chuncheon (part 2)

This is the Soyang Dam. What? Where? What? this is the dam? 
Gosh...^^. Yes, we barely could see a thing since it was so heavily fogged:) I mean, the thick fog was hanging over the whole  vast area of the lake where the dam was. So, practically we did not see any clear view that the brochure offered us. 
This is the lake. ^^ But I thought that it was so cool. I liked it, though.
The eerie and grey....subdued....misty...gloomy-like dream....all wrapped up within my mind as I was looking at the lake at Soyang Dam. 
Even the ferry at the barge was stranded alone. I learned from the brochure that on a clear day, we could take the ferry for one hour ride circling the lake. That would've been cool. 
So, Freya could only imagine herself...taking a ride on the boat. Guess, we'll be back this Summer, dear.^^ 
Oh, swell.er..I mean..well..this is another pictorial view that I could grasp with my camera. 
Pretty impressively calm....so to speak. Pure Tranquility... 
On our way back to the parking lot where the bus would be waiting for us, we encountered a statute that we noticed on our way up the hill. This must be a very famous person or a famous figure in Chuncheon or in this Soyang Dam..that it was deliberately erected on this very spot. 
Freya: "Do you feel cold, Sis?"
Yep, she is the Chuncheon maid..wait...Chuncheon maiden...wait...Chuncheon girl..or Soyanggang girl...or Soyang river girl....I can't be so sure of how to call her., But from what I learned, she is a manifestation out of  a very popular song about the same girl . Guess...the city of Chuncheon dedicated this statute in honor of the song itself. 
With one last..look and pose with the Soyanggang Sonyeon.....We ended our journey to Soyang Dam at Chuncheon. 
It was drizzling....Eyra and Freya were ready to get back home. 
The lane at the side of the lake was eerily quiet....
But...it only made us love the place since it was a rare tranquility we could not find in Seoul.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...